Safety Directors Meeting
Friday January 18, 2019
11:30 am - 1:00 pm Lunch Buffet
The Engineers Club of Dayton
110 E Monument Ave., Dayton, OH
Gary Auman of Auman, Mahan & Furry specializes in the areas of OSHA and Workers Compensation. Gary serves as General Counsel for many State, Regional and National Associations. During this Safety Directors Meeting, Gary will cover both workers’ compensation and OSHA issues while addressing the following specific matters:
- United States vs. Mar-Jac Poultry, Inc. The decision by the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals has significant impact on the ability of OSHA to expand an inspection that begins with the report by an employer of an OSHA reportable injury or an employee complaint.
- The pros and cons of attending an informal conference, and other possible strategies after you receive an OSHA citation. Gary will also address what to do after your informal conference has occurred or has not been employed.
- The importance of knowing what jurisdiction you are working – the difference in procedures as well as standards can be a hidden minefield when working in a state plan vs. a Federal OSHA state.
- The need for effective safety training and consistent and objective safety program enforcement with OSHA and workers’ compensation.
- Workers’ comp coverage for employees involved in an MVA in Ohio and other states.
- Some thoughts about independent contractors from a safety perspective.
You can attend this session live or participate via webinar.
*Webinar instructions will be emailed after receipt of registration*